Desk to Craft Table

When I was in high school, my youth pastor's wife gave me a desk.  Sadly, after we got married, it had to stay at my parent's house for a while.  When we moved to Birmingham, we brought it home and decided to show it a little bit of love.


Last July we sanded it down, painted it but didn't love it.  It wasn't exactly the look I was going for, but there it sat for 9 months...enough time to grow a baby.

(Sorry for the bad {and grainy} picture.  We didn't take an "after" picture when we 
finished painting it the first time so this is actually the new "before" picture...)

After I saw this Reader Redesign over at Young House Love, I knew immediately that I had a new plan for my desk.  Last Friday we got started and so far, I am in L-O-V-E!!!!  We sanded the top all the way down to bare wood.  That took 3 hours.  So far, we've put 3 coats of stain and 1 coat of clear-coat on the top, and we've painted everything else white.  


It's not completely finished...I still need to find the world's-most-perfect-while-still-being-inexpensive knobs.  Hopefully by the end of the week, the desk will be finished...along with my little craft area that I am SUPER excited about.  Lots of pictures to come!!!

No comments: