- We believe that everyone is a sinner. We've all done something to displease God.
- Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.
- We believe that because of our sin, we deserve death.
- Romans 6:23 - For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- We believe that God loves us anyway and made a way for us to have a relationship with Him, despite our sin. That "way" was for God's Son to take the punishment we deserve.
- Romans 5:8 - But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- We believe that all you have to do to receive this gift (a relationship with God) is to accept it.
- Romans 10:9-10 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
- Romans 10: 13 - For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
- We believe that this relationship is the only way to live a fulfilled life and gain a place in Heaven.
- John 10:10b - I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
- 1 John 5:13 - These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
Like that great hymn says, "Our hope is built on nothing less than Jesus' blood and righteousness."