Nursery Scheming and Dreaming

(Note: When I worked on the formatting of this post, all the pictures weren't in a straight line...I don't know why they are like that now. At least they are on my computer... Also, if you click on a picture, it should show you a larger print.)

I thought I'd share a little of my nursery scheming so far....


These are some materials I'm looking at for the bedding, mainly the bumper pads, crib blanket, crib skirt, and curtains...







These two are my accents. The solid coral will be used for the bottom of the curtains and probably a couple of pillows for Karlie's crib. The floral print will be used for the wall canvases and one rocker pillow, hopefully in the shape of the letter "K".

These are some bedding inspirations...thoughts??


This is what I'm looking at doing for the curtains, with the solid coral material on the bottom.


This wall mural is what I'm planning for JP to paint over a chair rail above the changing table. Instead of dark brown, it will be painted in white.

Lastly, these will hang on the wall over her crib. I want to wrap the floral material around cork or a canvas, paint the letters on a smaller canvas (giving it a 3D look), and putting each one in a black frame.





That's all I've got right now. When we start making progress or if I change my mind, pictures will be posted. We're very excited and all the planning makes us more eager and anxious for Karlie's arrival!

Drum Roll Please!

Last Saturday, JP, Karlie, and I went to Ashland and Montgomery for the weekend to reveal to our families that Karlie is a girl! The cupcake plan turned out better than I imagined and we had SUCH a good weekend.


The Wednesday before, we found out that we are having a girl. Thursday night, we went over to our new friends, Anna and Anthony's house to make the "Surprise Cupcakes" (and watch The Office!) Here was the process...



First, JP placed the cupcake liners in the pan...


Anna mixed the batter (by the way, this was her mixer's
maiden dessert voyage...hence the proud smile)

Batter mixing...

Next, JP and I filled the cupcake liners. It tasted VERY good.
However, I was smart enough to not get caught on camera.

After the cupcakes baked and cooled, we took straws and
poked holes in them. Then we took pink squeezey frosting and
squirted it down into the holes.





Pillsbury helped make the last step much easier. They make icing in a
big pressurized squirty can (like EZ Cheese or whipped cream). So we bought
chocolate and cream cheese and decorated the top. Anna added the sprinkles
for a very festive touch.

Then it was show time...
Friday night, we went to JP's parent's house...



And we told my family on Saturday night...
video

Home Sweet Home

Here are a few befores and afters. I still have some to post, I just haven't gotten around to taking pictures yet.

Guest Room Before

Guest Room After

Guest Bathroom Before


Guest Bathroom After



Master Bedroom Before




Master Bedroom After


We love our double tray ceilings!


Our DIY Project

A couple of weeks ago, I posted about a gliding bench my parents bought in 1982. JP and I decided to refurbish it, and here are some pictures of the process (starting with the before and ending with the after, of course).

Before

We thought maybe taking a pressure washer to it would take off all the mold. Instead, the wood fell to pieces, with the mold on it.
So we went to Lowe's and bought new wood. First we marked where the holes would go and JP drilled...
Then Kalie and I sanded all of the boards. (Forgot to take pictures of that step...)

Then we laid all the boards down how we would want them once they were painted.

And here is the wonderful after! I also forgot to take pictures of the spray painting steps (the boards and the frame). We found the pillows at Lowe's for $4 each.