A couple of weeks ago, I posted about a gliding bench my parents bought in 1982. JP and I decided to refurbish it, and here are some pictures of the process (starting with the before and ending with the after, of course).
We thought maybe taking a pressure washer to it would take off all the mold. Instead, the wood fell to pieces, with the mold on it.
So we went to Lowe's and bought new wood. First we marked where the holes would go and JP drilled...
Then Kalie and I sanded all of the boards. (Forgot to take pictures of that step...)
Then we laid all the boards down how we would want them once they were painted.
And here is the wonderful after! I also forgot to take pictures of the spray painting steps (the boards and the frame). We found the pillows at Lowe's for $4 each.