~ 1 1/2 cup crushed vanilla wafers or graham crackers
~ 1/4 cup melted butter
~ 2 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese
~ 1/2 cup sugar
~ 2 teaspoons vanilla
~ 2 eggs
~ 1/4 cup hot fudge topping
~ caramel topping
~ chopped pecans
1. Preheat your over to 350 degrees
2. Mix butter and crushed wafer/graham crackers (I prefer graham crackers) and press into 9 inch pie plate.
3. Beat cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Pour half of this mixture into the pie plate. (This is the most frustrating part for me. As you spread it, the crumbs will lift off the bottom, but that's ok! I've found that using your finger is the best way to spread the mixture.)
4. Add the hot fudge topping to the remaining cream cheese mixture and beat until smooth. Spoon over the vanilla mixture (Again, use your finger to spread. It's easier...plus you get to lick your finger. Win-win!)
5. Bake 30-40 minutes or until center is set. Do not test with a knife or it will crack the cheesecake. (I wiggle the pan and if the center isn't too jiggly and the edges of the crust are browned, it's done!)
6. Cool at room temperature for 1 hour and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. (I let it refrigerate overnight and it had a great texture!) Serve with caramel topping and pecans. Enjoy!