Mirrors Mirrors on Our Walls

Sorry for the lack of posting!  It doesn't mean we haven't been busy though!

The two mirrors we have in our house (besides bathroom mirrors) received a little love and attention recently.

Mirror #1 {the one in our master bedroom}
We actually fixed this one up back in March but it wasn't until yesterday I realized I never posted about it.   This beauty was bought at an antique store when I was in tenth grade, sometime in 2001 or 2002.  It was just about the only thing I contributed to our new life when we got married in 2006.  Since then, it has always hung faithfully over my jewelry stand, mostly collecting dust.

 
Side Note
I was originally going to use this picture:

Notice anything??  Look really hard and you can see a very creepy version of my husband in the reflection.
I didn't know he was standing there until I uploaded the picture and then had to retake it.  Nice babe.

Anyway, after a little bit of sanding and slopping on about 3 or 4 coats of white paint,
here she is in all her glory:


My inspiration to paint this mirror came when I found a mirror (very similar in style) at Z Gallerie.  The only difference??

My mirror - $0 (I already had the mirror and the paint)
Z Gallerie's - $399.00
Cha ching!

Mirror #2 {the one in our living room}
This project we started and finished yesterday.  We bought this mirror in December 2006 and we thought it was the best thing we'd ever buy.  It was our first (and last) purchase from Kirklands.  Since then, it has hung over our couch in Kentucky, on our dining room wall in Texas, and now is back over our couch in Alabama.



Now with mirror #1, we use a bucket of paint and some paint brushes.  However with this one, we happened to already be on a spray painting spree so we spray painted this one.  We used one coat of white spray primer and 2 coats of high-gloss white spray paint and ended up with this:



Don't you just love white paint?  For a while, my younger sister {I don't like to name names} teased me because my response to any home-decor-remodeling question was, "Paint it white!"

So I submit to you that you could paint anything white, and it will in fact look fabulous!

4 comments:

Sweet Home Helena said...

Love it! We'll paint the world glossy white, one item at a time :)

Jeremy and Amy said...

Woohoo!! Turned out beautiful!! Doesn't it just make you happy to walk into that room, now? Amazing what a little spray paint and a few new pillows can do for a room :) When we did that in our living room a few weeks ago, I couldn't stop smiling every time I walked through there :)

JP said...

Also, on the first mirror we removed the glass from the frame to paint. On the second one, we masked and taped since it had straight edges that were easier to tape.
JP

Alyssa S. said...

They look great! It makes me laugh though because you remind me of my sister. Her solution for everything is to paint it white as well. :) Great job!