Raw Food Cleanse Challenge

Today is Day 1 of my raw food cleanse.  The general response I get when I tell people I'm doing it is, "Gross.  So what do you eat?"

The answer is NOT raw meat.  Basically it's fruits and veggies!  Easy peasy.

This is not what I like to call the "Kelly Cleanse"
(This is for you Anna...)



I've been interested in doing a cleanse for a while now.  However I did not want to risk gaining the weight I lost during the cleanse once I started eating again after the cleanse.  About a week ago, JP found someone doing a raw food challenge over at Whole Living.  You can read her blog posts about it here.  It seemed easy enough, and I didn't have to buy any weird ingredients that I'd never use again after the cleanse.

The writer of the Whole Living blog is doing it for 2 weeks.  My cleanse will only last 5 days (Monday-Friday) so I'm certainly not diving in head first.  I really hope to see some kind of difference on Friday.  It's already been kinda tough and it's only the first day.  I woke up this morning and picked up Kalie's bag of chewy sweet-tarts and immediately remembered they were a big "no-no."  I'd also be lying if I said I'm not missing my coffee.  But it's only 5 days and my body will thank me for it.  At least it better.

After a trip to Publix last night, I came home with:
green apples
strawberries
bananas
broccoli
carrots
cucumbers
tomatos
almonds
walnuts
mushrooms
grapes
peaches
pluots
oranges
zucchini
garlic
carrots

Day 1: (so far)
  Breakfast - strawberries and banana
  Snack - almonds
  Lunch - zucchini pasta (recipe will be posted very soon)

No comments: