Working on a New Weigh of Life!

I haven't met many people who love to diet.  But I know finding things that make dieting a little more enjoyable really helps.  These are the things that have helped me...

1. Tasty breakfast food - 
    I used to never eat breakfast.  You always hear, "Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!"  But why???  So I read up on some interesting facts about just how important it is.  

Shape magazine says:
~ "More than 80 percent of people who lose weight and keep it off eat breakfast every or nearly every day."  

Mayoclinic.com said 
~  "Eating breakfast reduces your hunger later in the day, making it easier to avoid overeating...In fact, skipping breakfast actually increases your risk of obesity.  Eating breakfast gets you on track to make healthy choices all day. People who eat breakfast regularly tend to eat a healthier diet.... When you skip breakfast, you're more likely to skip fruits and vegetables the rest of the day too.  Eating breakfast gives you energy, increasing your physical activity during the day.  Skipping breakfast is associated with decreased physical activity."

   So these are my two go-to breakfasts:



2. Scunci No-Slip Grip headbands




    Not many people (men specifically...no offense guys) know this but about 3 months after a woman has a baby, alot of her hair falls out.  And I mean alot.  Over the next few months, all those empty hair follicles begin growing new hair at the same time.  Then all of the sudden, we have thousands of tiny little hairs that are about 1 or 2 inches long, and they just love to tickle our face and neck.  Personally, this drives me crazy, especially when I'm running or working out.  So when I saw these babies, I knew I just had to try them.  As my second "treat" (that I talked about here) we bought a package and I love them!!  Not only do they work, there are 8 different colors, one to match every tank top and t-shirt I own!  Sometimes when I'm feeling sassy, I even mix-n-match and wear two!


3. Easy snacks
    Snacking between meals is also important (keeps metabolism pumping and prevents overeating at meal times), but it's easy to forget, since it's not an actual meal.  These two bars are quick, easy, and oh so delicious.




4, Our Biggest Loser Scale
    That's right.  We're suckers for a name brand.  So when our old scale was consistently off by 7-10 pounds, we decided to ditch it and upgrade.  This scale displays your body fat percentage, body water percentage, muscle mass, and bone mass.  Oh, and your weight.


Alright, just like last time, any suggestions/recommendations are more than welcome!  I'm always looking for new healthy, tasty meals or snacks.  Oh and running songs...I need new running songs so send them my way!

Side note of accomplishments - 
~ We participated in our first 5K!  I ran the first mile without stopping and then walked/ran intervals to finish.  
~ I've lost 8 pounds! Woohoo!

4 comments:

JP said...

Dear, Jamie:
I find you amazing.
and adorable.

Seriously, keep up the good work; I am proud of you.

Love,

Hubs

Laura Childs said...

girl- go to Target or Walmart and get the Luna bars in chocolate raspberry or chocolate peppermint stick- they are protein bars that taste like candy and are my new desert

Jenna said...

GO JAMIE!!

"Merry's Moments" said...

Jamie - I just saw your comments on my blogs! I am new to that portion. I miss you guys so much and I am so darn envious that Brad has gotten to see Karlie TWICE!!! Your blogs are so good. I can't wait to meet her myself and give all of you a giant hug. Can you tell me of some good places to possibly live in Alabama? That keeps us in between both of our families when Brad finally retires.
Hugs - Merry