**Courtesy of CopyKat
~8 – 12 Fresh Mushrooms (we used 2 large portobello mushrooms)
~1 (6 oz.) Can Clams (drained and finely minced) (save 1/4 cup of clam juice for stuffing)
~1 Green Onions (chopped finely, about 1 Tbsp.)
~1 Egg (beaten)
~1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
~1/8 tsp. Garlic Salt
~1/2 C. Italian Style Bread Crumbs
~1tsp. Oregano Leaves
~1 Tbsp. Melted Butter (cool)
~2 Tbsp. Finely Grated Parmesan Cheese
~1 Tbsp. Finely Grated Romano Cheese
~2 Tbsp. Finely Grated Mozzarella Cheese ( for stuffing )
~1/4 C. Finely Grated Mozzarella Cheese (for garnish)
~1/4 C. Melted Butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wash and remove stems from mushrooms, pat dry. Save stems for another recipe.
3. In mixing bowl place clams, onions, garlic salt, minced garlic, soft butter and oregano. Mix through and blend well. Add Italian bread crumbs, egg, clam juice and blend. Stir cheeses in clam stuffing and mix well.
4. Place clam mixture inside mushroom cavity and slightly mound clam mixture. You should be able to stuff between 8 – 12 mushrooms depending on the size of mushrooms.
5. Place mushrooms in slightly oiled baking dish. Pour melted butter over mushrooms. Cover and place in a preheated oven for about 35 – 40 minutes. Remove cover and sprinkle freshly grated mozzarella cheese on top and pop back in oven just so the cheese melts slightly, garnish with freshly diced parsley.