Crock-Pot New Orleans-Style Barbecue Shrimp

I think that if I made New Year's Resolutions, one of them would have been to use my crock-pot more.  This shrimp is very tasty and is one of the quicker crock-pot meals I've made - 3 hours in the pot.

The recipe is very simple, plus I already had a lot of the ingredients in my pantry!  It was originally intended as an appetizer but I served ours as an entree with rice and veggies.  We also poured the sauce over the shrimp and rice for extra flavor.  What can I say...we like to live on the wild side.  We're animals I tell ya!


Ingredients:
~ 3/4 cup butter or margarine
~ 1/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
~ 1/3 cup lemon juice
~ 1/4 cup dry white wine
~ 2 tablespoons hot sauce (I used 1 tablespoon since we have a toddler)
~ 2 teaspoons ground pepper
~ 1 tablespoon seafood seasoning (I used Weber Boston Bay Seafood Seasoning)
~ 1 teaspoon paprika
~ 1/2 teaspoon salt
~ 4 cloves garlic, minced
~ 2 sprigs fresh thyme
~ 2 lbs. uncooked large shrimp (I bought mine frozen, peeled, deveined, and without tails)
~ lemon wedges (I didn't use these)

1. Spray 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.  In slow cooker, mix all ingredients except shrimp and lemon wedges.  Cover; cook on low heat for 2 hours.

2. Stir shrimp into slow cooker.  Increase heat setting to High.  Cover; cook 30 minutes longer or until shrimp are pink.  Turn off slow cooker.  Let stand for 30 minutes.  Discard thyme sprigs.  Serve shrimp with lemon wedges.

No comments: